Preserving The Harvest
From jams to chutneys and beyond……
A ‘hands on’ one day course with Lori Reich, for anyone interested in learning how to make delicious preserves or to improve their existing skills.
Lori Reich is a maker of award winning produce and co-runs ‘Shute Fruit and Produce’ from a farm in Devon.
Preserves are her profession. On the day she will be sharing her wealth of experience, creative passion and special techniques to take participants on a culinary adventure into the magic of preserving fresh fruit and vegetables. All ingredients are provided but bring your own apron!
Amongst other things, on the day participants will:
- Learn how to get your jam to set perfectly
- Learn how to turn garden gluts of vegetables into tasty chutney
- Learn how to make crystal clear jellies
- Learn how to make tasty fruit vinegars
- Enjoy an afternoon cream tea with a difference
- Take home a jar of everything made on the day & recipe booklet
For more information please contact: email@example.com or call 01392 248919. Early booking is advised as places are limited. This training is open for anyone to attend. Lunch is bring and share – so please bring something for the table.
The Winsford Centre
22nd September 2013 from 9.30 – 4.30